Geezer Guesses, Poems, Fancies, Random,
Odd Thoughts, What’s Left of Me, and Who
Cares…
******
Getting old is not magic. All you must do is live long enough. No talent required. Just wait. It will happen to you. The question is what does it mean. It involves your mind, your body and spirit . It is the final act of a play that you can’t make out.
No GPS or Maps. You must take each step into the unknown, alone.
*****
In 74 years of bouncing around this planet. I have met many men and women. And yet people remain a mystery. I meet, observe, try to understand, but never quite manage. They remain like Homers shades there, but not.
*****
Brain Bounces
Tense
Hold fast to
the demanding, alive
present tense.
Past Tense but a
catalog
of finished failures,
lost lovers,
squandered
opportunities,
tragic lives that never
bore fruit.
All the wearying weight
of what might have been.
*****
Rented Rooms
Every time you think
you are landing
at your destination,
It’s just another layover
In Purgatory.
*****
The Sixties
So many dreams.
So many failures.
Best party ever!
Sorry you missed it.
*****
Years ago I was ambitious, but now I know that nothing will happen. Had I known this earlier, I would have taken more naps.
*****
Maintenance
One virtue of Getting old and downsizing is that the less space and stuff you have, the less maintenance you have to perform. Yes!
Fog
Deep loves never depart.
Decade after decade
They remain, a yearning mist
floating in your head
repeating the impossible,
eternal lie:
I will love you forever.
****
Loneliness
All
the women
in my life,
came from
the same
temp
agency.
*****
Marriage
What does that mean?
Two meet. They are young.
Fall in love. Begin a life.
But lives change. The honeymoon ends.
Finally, they are roommates.
Love, sex, even affection disappear.
Their lives diverge. They sign the papers.
Easier Than buying a car.
They move on, so they say.
But the sad question remains:
How do these two who began
as one die apart and so far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment