When I was young, I ran six miles three times a week and ten miles once. No shit.
I just got back from my first run in decades. One block. One. No shit.
It felt terrible. And long.
You can't really even call it running. Running involves a stride. I don't stride. I hobble.
And yet I shall persevere. Anything this miserable must be healthy.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geezer Guesses, Poems, Fancies, Random, Odd Thoughts, What’s Left of Me, and Who Cares… ****** Getting old is not magic. All you ...
-
When I was young, I ran six miles three times a week and ten miles once. No shit. I just got back from my first run in decades. One block....
-
It is said that numbers don't lie, so I'm going to give a close accounting of the numbers over this month. My SS...
-
Home from the asphalt seas. Six days and 600 miles. Mobi, 240,000 miles and all, ran like a Formula One car the...
I have always been a runner. I have never had a runner's high. Still trying...
ReplyDeleteDon
Smoke pot instead. That always works...
ReplyDelete