Finally, after 62 years of purity, yesterday I lost my Wal-Mart virginity. Yes, I defiled myself by entering the Temple of Mammon. I am cherry no more.
I needed to do this as part of research for a book I am writing.
I bought a fishing licence and some fishing sundries. I then toured the entire edifice.
Sadly, no one greeted me.
But I did see why Americans love the place so much. It's like a giant strip mall under one roof. Also, like much of America, it is an ugly place where you can buy stuff. Stuff is the real religion of consumer brainwashed Americans. Why wouldn't they love it? For them, it's a church.
As for me, no serious damage was done. I came home, removed my hazmat suit, took a shower and went about my day.
By the way, other than specials, I didn't find the prices all that low.
I doubt that I will return. I don't worship in that church.
Still losing it was a good reminder of just what virginity is worth: nothing.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geezer Guesses, Poems, Fancies, Random, Odd Thoughts, What’s Left of Me, and Who Cares… ****** Getting old is not magic. All you ...
-
When I was young, I ran six miles three times a week and ten miles once. No shit. I just got back from my first run in decades. One block....
-
Home from the asphalt seas. Six days and 600 miles. Mobi, 240,000 miles and all, ran like a Formula One car the...
-
"There's birth, there's death, and in between there's maintenance." Tom Robbins Maintenance. I hate maintenanc...
No comments:
Post a Comment