I am going to have a lot to say about school in this blog. After all, I've spent a good deal of my life in school as a student, teacher and professor. Obviously, I've read and thought a good deal about this. Most of what I have to say will be negative because most of my experience has been negative.
For now let me quote one of the great thinkers ever, Ivan Illich: "School is the advertising agency which makes you believe that you need the society as it is." - Deschooling Society.
The truth is, you don't.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geezer Guesses, Poems, Fancies, Random, Odd Thoughts, What’s Left of Me, and Who Cares… ****** Getting old is not magic. All you ...
-
When I was young, I ran six miles three times a week and ten miles once. No shit. I just got back from my first run in decades. One block....
-
It is said that numbers don't lie, so I'm going to give a close accounting of the numbers over this month. My SS...
-
"There's birth, there's death, and in between there's maintenance." Tom Robbins Maintenance. I hate maintenanc...
No comments:
Post a Comment