Monday, May 12, 2014

A Few People I'd Like To Have Lunch With When I'm Dead

Dead people are no doubt bored, so I'm sure these folks would be happy for free food and conversation. Of course, this is just a partial list, subject to addition and deletion. Feel free to add your own in comments.

  • Buddha, but a light lunch.
  • Hitler, come on, who wouldn't.
  • James Joyce, just to mock him.
  • Hemingway, but just drinks.
  • Reagan, to deliver some Depends.
  • Bakunin, for mutual aid.
  • William Butler, my ancestor who survived most of the Civil War battles.
  • Audrey Hepburn, but a date, not lunch.
  • Ingmar Bergman, just to cheer me up.
  • Ervin Schrödinger, about that cat.
  • Shakespeare, because I've always wanted to meet an extra-terrestrial.
  • Ezra Pound, to tell him he was right about usury.
  • God, to let him know how disappointed I am.
  • Richard Nixon, so I could drive a stake through his heart.
  • Julia Child, just to hear her voice.
  • Lenin, because he was a self-starter.
  • Mozart, because he would be fun. 
  • Emma Goldman, to dance.

Come on, I'm sure you can add to the list. Don't be shy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment