Nigger, spic, greaser, wet-back, gook, kike, towel head, dot head, cracker, et all. So many nasty insulting appellations for those we disdain. What we need is an ecumenical insult.
I propose wog.
The British upper-class, one of the silliest, most useless groups in history, brilliantly came up with this word for anyone different from them. It meant blacks, indians (the ones they owned), orientals (no asians then), even Frenchmen. Great word. One Empire; One insult.
Let's bring it back and abandon all those specific insulting words. If we all use it for those we hate, it won't mean anything nor will it sting. Too general.
Rainbows will appear everywhere. Oh joy!
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geezer Guesses, Poems, Fancies, Random, Odd Thoughts, What’s Left of Me, and Who Cares… ****** Getting old is not magic. All you ...
-
When I was young, I ran six miles three times a week and ten miles once. No shit. I just got back from my first run in decades. One block....
-
It is said that numbers don't lie, so I'm going to give a close accounting of the numbers over this month. My SS...
-
"There's birth, there's death, and in between there's maintenance." Tom Robbins Maintenance. I hate maintenanc...
No comments:
Post a Comment